Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
To apply for an open position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Guiding Eyes for the Blind
611 Granite Springs Rd.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Email (preferred method): firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
1)) Web and Multimedia Specialist: The Web & Multi Media Specialist will be responsible for maintaining Guiding Eyes Internet and Intranet Website(s) including content updates, graphics, audio/video material, accessibility and user support (for password resets or use) and for web server maintenance, site performance, backups, storage, security and availability while supporting the Marketing and Development’s communication strategy. The Specialist will work closely with various departments in creating graphics, art and copy layouts for print and digital media and ensure proper operation of digital media presentations through coordination of equipment maintenance with IT department; including working the video streaming equipment for live events.
Qualifications: Proficiency in graphic, video, desktop publishing and design editing software as well as web design and development software products. Proficiency in HTML/CSS/PHP, WordPress platform, Mediawiki., and phpList. LAMP Stack experience and Shell scripting experience is a plus. A detail oriented multi tasker with exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills along with the ability to work independently. The right candidate will be available to work occasional weekends and evenings and must be comfortable and happy around large, active dogs. Salary in the $40’s depending upon experience.
2) Accounting Administrator:
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
Reports To: Controller
Position Summary: Perform General Accounting functions including: ADP Payroll, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Banking, Reconciliations, Audit reports, Data entry, Volunteer management, General office work, weekly check runs and petty cash.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, 3-5 years general experience including: bookkeeping, AR, AP and Payroll. Nonprofit experience preferred.
- Candidate must have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite and advanced Excel experience.
- ADP online payroll experience preferred.
- Proven ability to deal effectively with changing priorities, multi task, consistently meet multiple deadliness and produce work products with an exceptional degree of accuracy.
- Highly developed communication and customer service skills. Demonstrated ability to problem solve with tact and patience.
- Must be comfortable around large, active dogs.
3) IT Systems Specialist:
Location: Yorktown (with travel to Patterson, NY and White Plains, NY)
Reports to: IT Systems Manager
Summary: The IT Systems Specialist will assist with the day to day maintenance and operations of desktops, peripherals, office machines, and telephone equipment/systems.
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of computers, printers, scanners, and peripherals for local and remote users
- Ensure that all workstations are current with the latest Windows and 3rd party updates
- PC builds, installation & repair
- Setup of new users on domain and equipment
- Support Windows 7 professional and Microsoft Office 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
- Inventory management of computers, printers, supplies, and IT equipment
- Phone set up and Installation
- Documentation of IT processes
- 2+ years experience in LAN/WAN environment
- Must be physically able to lift and carry computer equipment of up to 30 pounds.
- Extensive knowledge of all major Microsoft operating systems. Microsoft certification a plus.
- General understanding of the principals and concepts of computer networking
- Exceptional customer service skills with demonstrated ability to work directly with non-technical users in getting their problems resolved quickly and completely.
- Hands on experience in configuring, building and troubleshooting remote and in house systems
- Must be available for occasional evening and weekend work in response to the needs of the systems being supported.
- Comfortable around large, active dogs
4) Breeding Kennel Technician
Location: Patterson, NY
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Shift: Tuesday – Saturday: 7:00AM – 4:00PM
Responsibilities: Provide basic care of dogs and puppies such as bathing, grooming, medicating, and feeding. Clean and maintain all kennels, equipment and outside areas.
Must be physically able to control active 65-75 pound dogs and withstand up to two hours of repetitive bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting on concrete surfaces; have some experience with general obedience training; be able to lift and carry portable dog crates and pens weighing up to 30 pounds; posses basic computer skills; and be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned.
Salary $12.00 per hour