Orientation & Mobility Seminars
Guiding Eyes offers unique, hands-on seminars to professionals involved in rehabilitation for the blind and visually impaired, particularly Orientation and Mobility Specialists.
These seminars are designed to help rehabilitation professionals:
- Better advise clients who are considering a guide dog
- Better prepare clients who will be training with guide dogs
- Work more effectively with clients who have guide dogs
- “JUNO” walks and instruction
- Making the ideal match
- Commands, corrections, reinforcements
- Street crossings
- Maintaining orientation
- Patterning and conditioning for specific travel objectives
- Common Do’s and Don’ts of guide dog travel
Seminar groups have no more than 8 participants. Each participant is assigned a fully trained Guiding Eyes dog to work with under the guidance of a senior Guide Dog Instructor, for two 30-minute city walks.
The seminar includes time with instructors, special needs and admissions staff, and a student currently in guide dog training.
Seminars are held between April and November. For more information contact:
Manager of Admissions Services
800-942-0149 ext. 2222