Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Training School Kennel Technician
. Time management of workload through the use of white board, calendar, what’s happening. Demonstrate initiative to accomplish assigned tasks and meet Kennel needs as a team player.
. Physically able to lift and control 65-75 pound dogs and withstand up to two hours of repetitive bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting on concrete surface.
. Some personal, volunteer or professional experience in handling and/or training dogs required.
. Must be able to work daily with bleach and other cleaning agents.
. Must be able to regularly lift and carry portable dog crates and dog pens weighing up to 30 pounds.
. Basic computer skills required.
. Veterinary experience a plus.
. Well organized, team player.
. Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays as assigned.
. Valid NY driver’s license.
Breeding Kennel Technician
Perform all daily kennel duties, basic breeding procedures, medical treatments, specimen collections and diagnostic tests in our Breeding Kennel in Patterson, NY.
Shift: Sunday – Thursday, 7am – 4pm and one day at 10am-7pm
- Provide a high level of animal husbandry care to all dogs and puppies including but not limited to bathing, feeding, check overs, nail clipping, ear cleaning, and medicating according to established policies and procedures.
- Time management of workload through the use of public breeding kennel Outlook calendar.
- Maintain accurate records utilizing point of entry system.
- Perform assigned medical treatments, specimen collections and diagnostic tests (blood, urine, stool collection and analysis, heartworm test, brucellosis test, vaginal smears, semen analysis, etc.) according to the standard procedures.
- Clean and maintain equipment, kennel facilities and assigned grounds.
- Perform basic breeding procedures including progression evaluation and specimen collections, semen collection and evaluation, natural and vaginal inseminations.
- Effectively handle dogs in obedience and socialization. Train potential fosters and volunteers in the proper handling of breeding dogs. Provide obedience, socialization and exercise support to dogs and puppies in Breeding Kennel.
- Work with volunteers and general public interacting with the Breeding Kennel providing support, guidance and recognition.
- Physically able to lift and control 65-75 pound dogs and withstand up to two hours of repetitive bending, stooping, kneeling and squatting on concrete surface.
- Some personal, volunteer or professional experience in handling and/or training dogs required.
- Must be able to work daily with accel and bleach and other cleaning agents.
- Must be able to regularly lift and carry portable dog crates and dog pens weighing up to 30 pounds
- Basic computer skills required.
- Veterinary experience and animal husbandry degree a plus.
- Well organized, team player.
Submit resume, letter of interest and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org