Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Send letter of introduction and resume via e-mail to PKozlowski@guidingeyes.org or by mail to Director of Human Resources, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Yorktown, NY
Currently seeking a FT veterinarian to perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures. Must be confident with large mature dog spay and neuters. Our hospital is fully equipped for surgery, digital radiology, ultrasound and endoscopy. We are currently a department of three veterinarians and four veterinary technicians and share on-call responsibilities.
Location: Yorktown, NY
Guiding Eyes for the Blind is currently seeking a seasoned Salesforce Developer/Analyst/Administrator consultant to work at our Training Center in Yorktown Heights, NY. This IT professional will work with the Applications Manager, project team members and internal stakeholders to gather and document business requirements, design, program, and deploy Salesforce.com software packages or code. This is a cross functional, hands on role acting as part of a small IT team within Guiding Eyes for the Blind. The candidate must be able to work independently on multiple projects producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines exceeding stakeholders’ stated requirements.
• Develop relationships with stakeholders that foster confidence and effective communications and gain commitment for shared projects.
• Develop, configure and implement new Salesforce.com functionality as well as changes, customizations and integration with other systems to meet changing business needs.
• Participate as one of several Salesforce.com administrators to support production environment. This includes:
o Ensuring production issues are identified, tracked, communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
o Understanding and supporting security role maintenance, namely role hierarchy, security profiles and access rights.
o Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers.
o Evaluating AppExchange tools for feasibility and impact to the business.
o Leveraging standard Salesforce.com functionality as much as possible and using custom programming only when needed.
• Write business and technical specifications/documentation as needed.
• Support unit testing and integration testing during implementation.
• Prepare materials to train end users to effectively use newly implemented Salesforce functionality.
• Manage data, including mapping and integrating data from existing applications, cleansing data, handling data exceptions, proactively identifying and correcting data gaps and issues and loading or extracting data from the Salesforce database as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience working with business applications, project support and data analysis.
• Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• At least 3 years of experience with Salesforce.com applications, administering Salesforce.com, or coding in Apex, VisualForce or other supported languages. Salesforce certification desirable.
• Must maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of Salesforce standard functionality as the technology subject matter expert regarding best practices for Salesforce.com and Force.com.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS 365, and Visio.
• Knowledge of project management practices and tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
• Salesforce.com certification completed or in-progress preferred.
• Available to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
• Must be comfortable around large, active dogs.
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to Bill Ma, firstname.lastname@example.org