Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Send letter of introduction and resume via e-mail to PKozlowski@guidingeyes.org or by mail to Director of Human Resources, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Regional Manager – Puppy Program Reports to Director of Puppy Program
Location: Must reside less than a 2-hour drive from the following puppy raising regions with classes held in Easton, MD, Bowie, MD and Fairfax, VA.
This is a professional position of 40+ hours per week which will include working evenings and weekends. Salary based upon experience. Generous benefits package including 3 weeks of vacation, fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits.
Description: Position requires providing direct supervision, training and on-going development of volunteer region teams and puppy raisers. Includes but not limited to matching and placing puppies with qualified volunteer puppy raisers, teaching weekly dog training classes, individual dog training support as needed and considerable administrative responsibilities. Candidate should be comfortable presenting to groups and have some public relations knowledge and effectiveness in working in a team environment. Must conduct and record puppy evaluations.
Qualifications: Prior supervisory/management experience essential. Solid background and understanding of positive dog training techniques, dog behavior and instructing in both class and one-to-one settings. Excellent people skills, teaching and team building skills considered essential. Highly developed time management and organizational skills. Must be proficient in Word and Excel and have some experience with electronic calendar and database products. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, be able to remain on one’s feet for up to 1 hour at a time and withstand repetitive bending, stooping, kneeling, and squatting. Initial training period of approximately 4 – 6 months would require flexibility to work out of our Patterson, NY facility several days each month. Valid driver’s license. Willing to drive full-sized van.
Manager of Puppy Program Reports to Director of Canine Program Development Location: Patterson, NY (CDC)
– Supervision, coaching and support of the Regional Manager team.
– Continuing Development and Implementation of Pre-Placement Class Curriculum in collaboration with Pre-Placement Task Force.
- Regional Implementation support
- Management of delivery system
– Oversight of Puppy Placement Goals
– Oversight of Pup Program Inquiries and supporting the effective progress of potential raisers through the process to becoming a raiser.
– Region growth and development
- Working with and through the support of Development (marketing)
- Working with RM team to support this goal
- Development of Backup support for regions during future RM transitions and Temporary region vacancies- Coaching and resolution of puppy raiser/Region Volunteer concerns
– Systems management of IFT, Graduation
– Day to day management of Pup Program Support Team
– Design & Coordination of RC Workshop