Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location: Yorktown, NY
Guiding Eyes for the Blind is seeking an experienced administrative support professional for the Development department, working specifically in Special Gifts at the Yorktown Heights, NY location. Individual will work collaboratively with Director of Special Gifts and other development team members and across departments. Experience in a fast paced development/fundraising office setting is highly desirable.
- Provide administrative support to development staff – 60-70 typing data input,
letters, memos, other communications.
- Produce accurate and timely entry of gifts in database and acknowledgements for donor gifts.
- Assist Director of Special Gifts with scheduling travel, donor meetings and campus tour arrangements.
- Research donors; assists in report generation and analyzes statistical data.
- Work with outside vendors, donors and their representatives to provide accurate documentation for present and future gifts.
- Provide administrative support for Special Gifts donor mailings, special events and graduations. Including administration of graduation sponsorship benefits and coordination of Special Name a Pup program.
- Record and track department expenses and invoices.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years of administrative experience.
- Strong computer skills with intermediate Microsoft Office, Database or Donor Management software. Experience with Donor Perfect or Salesforce desired.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to set priorities and multi task effectively.
- Excellent grasp of correct English usage, including spelling, punctuation and grammar. Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills. Able to interact with poise, tact and diplomacy with board members, staff, volunteers, clients and the general public. Proven track record of maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Able to determine when to follow specific directions and when to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Professional demeanor and appearance.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Must be comfortable around large, active dogs.
Please submit a resume with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org