Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
To apply for an open position, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Human Resources
Guiding Eyes for the Blind
611 Granite Springs Rd.
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
Email (preferred method): firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Position overview: The Director of Development will be responsible for creating and executing fundraising strategies and initiatives for Individual Gifts, Corporate gifts and sponsorship, Foundation gifts, Grants, Board Giving and Special Events. This position works closely with the Directors of Special Gifts and Planned Giving to expand the organization’s revenue streams.
- As a key member of the Development team will steward and cultivate a portfolio of current donors with an emphasis on increasing the donor level of involvement through appropriate engagement, timely solicitation and relevant stewardship.
- Work closely with the President and CEO, VP Development and in cooperation with all Development staff members as well as the Development Committee of the Board of Directors and key staff and volunteers to support a cohesive team based approach to fundraising.
- Prepare and manage a budget and meet targeted fundraising goals.
- Conduct face to face meetings with donors, reach new and current donors through cultivation events, webcasts, on site functions and presentations.
- Assist with and participate in the management of major fundraising events, donor recognition events and smaller, volunteer –led fundraising events.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to produce consistent and effective donor engagement pieces.
- Gain and demonstrate a passion for the Guiding Eyes mission and a deep understanding of the organization’s culture and services
- A minimum of five years of progressive, professional experience in a major not-for-profit organization with a demonstrated track record of achieving established fundraising goals.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required; advanced degree desirable
- Must adhere to the highest ethical standards with the ability to act with discretion, self-assurance and diplomacy. Sound judgement in maintaining strict confidentiality of donor information
- Highly developed written and verbal communications skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a flexible team environment to ensure the maximization of all giving opportunities.
- Available to travel by air, car and rail for up to a week at a time
- Willingness and desire to attend evening and weekend program activities in order to cultivate and steward donors and prospects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and database systems (Donor Perfect, Salesforce, etc.) with particular emphasis on maintaining meticulous donor and prospect records in the database following each contact.
- Must love and be comfortable around large, active dogs
Part time position working with our blind and visually impaired clients. You will work approximately 6 shifts each month. Salary commensurate with experience. Must have current NY license and malpractice insurance. Rotating shifts are 6:00 am-8:30 am and 3:30 pm-6:00 pm. The nursing staff shares weekend coverage, holiday coverage, and 12 hour on call shifts. The on call shifts are from 6a- 6pm and 6pm- 6am. Come meet our remarkable clients and fall in love with our exceptional dogs. Please send letter of interest and resume via e-mail to email@example.com