Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Send letter of introduction and resume via e-mail to PKozlowski@guidingeyes.org or by mail to Director of Human Resources, Guiding Eyes for the Blind, 611 Granite Springs Road, Yorktown Heights, NY 10598.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Regional Manager – Puppy Program Reports to Director of Puppy Program
Location: Must reside less than a 2-hour drive from the following puppy raising regions with classes held in Easton, MD, Bowie, MD and Fairfax, VA.
This is a professional position of 40+ hours per week which will include working evenings and weekends. Salary based upon experience. Generous benefits package including 3 weeks of vacation, fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits.
Description: Position requires providing direct supervision, training and on-going development of volunteer region teams and puppy raisers. Includes but not limited to matching and placing puppies with qualified volunteer puppy raisers, teaching weekly dog training classes, individual dog training support as needed and considerable administrative responsibilities. Candidate should be comfortable presenting to groups and have some public relations knowledge and effectiveness in working in a team environment. Must conduct and record puppy evaluations.
Qualifications: Prior supervisory/management experience essential. Solid background and understanding of positive dog training techniques, dog behavior and instructing in both class and one-to-one settings. Excellent people skills, teaching and team building skills considered essential. Highly developed time management and organizational skills. Must be proficient in Word and Excel and have some experience with electronic calendar and database products. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, be able to remain on one’s feet for up to 1 hour at a time and withstand repetitive bending, stooping, kneeling, and squatting. Initial training period of approximately 4 – 6 months would require flexibility to work out of our Patterson, NY facility several days each month. Valid driver’s license. Willing to drive full-sized van.
Manager of Puppy Program Reports to Director of Canine Program Development
Location: Patterson, NY (CDC)
– Supervision, coaching and support of the Regional Manager team.
– Continuing Development and Implementation of Pre-Placement Class Curriculum in collaboration with Pre-Placement Task Force.
- Regional Implementation support
- Management of delivery system
– Oversight of Puppy Placement Goals
– Oversight of Pup Program Inquiries and supporting the effective progress of potential raisers through the process to becoming a raiser.
– Region growth and development
- Working with and through the support of Development (marketing)
- Working with RM team to support this goal
- Development of Backup support for regions during future RM transitions and Temporary region vacancies- Coaching and resolution of puppy raiser/Region Volunteer concerns
– Systems management of IFT, Graduation
– Day to day management of Pup Program Support Team
– Design & Coordination of RC Workshop
Location: Yorktown Heights, NY
The Class Supervisor has primary responsibility to prepare students to team with their guide dogs during their training on campus. This involves:
- Evaluating dog skill level in regular class training;
- Participation in the admissions screening process;
- Participation in the selection of students for each assigned class and assignment of dogs to
- Supervision and performance evaluations of Apprentice Instructors and Instructor Assistants in appropriate techniques and methods of training both dogs and students;
- Perform complex or remedial training instructions during class for students who need additional support or one-on-one training.
Requires minimum 5 years of experience as Guide Dog Instructor, excellent communication and time management skills, ability to travel by air, car or rail for up to one week at a time. Also requires solid computer skills and a valid drivers’ license and the flexibility to spend a night in the campus dormitory as needed.
Must also be able to: walk at a rapid pace on uneven surfaces for extended periods of time while handling dogs and observing their training. Control and manage dogs of up to 60 pound. Life and carry up to 30 pounds; bend, stoop and kneel for up to 1 hour as needed.
Location: Yorktown, NY
Currently seeking a PT/FT per diem veterinarian to cover the six month leave of one of our veterinarians from December 7, 2016 through June 2017.
Candidates will be asked to perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures. Must be confident with large mature dog spay and neuters. Our hospital is fully equipped for surgery, digital radiology, ultrasound and endoscopy. We are currently a department of three veterinarians and four veterinary technicians.
Guiding Eyes for the Blind is an internationally accredited, nonprofit guide dog school.
Please contact Dr. Beth Brenninkmeyer, Chief Veterinarian at 914-243-2241 for more information. Or, you may submit a letter of introduction and resume to email@example.com
Location: Yorktown, NY
Guiding Eyes for the Blind is currently seeking a seasoned Salesforce Developer/Analyst/Administrator consultant to work at our Training Center in Yorktown Heights, NY. This IT professional will work with the Applications Manager, project team members and internal stakeholders to gather and document business requirements, design, program, and deploy Salesforce.com software packages or code. This is a cross functional, hands on role acting as part of a small IT team within Guiding Eyes for the Blind. The candidate must be able to work independently on multiple projects producing deliverables within agreed upon timelines exceeding stakeholders’ stated requirements.
• Develop relationships with stakeholders that foster confidence and effective communications and gain commitment for shared projects.
• Develop, configure and implement new Salesforce.com functionality as well as changes, customizations and integration with other systems to meet changing business needs.
• Participate as one of several Salesforce.com administrators to support production environment. This includes:
o Ensuring production issues are identified, tracked, communicated and resolved in a timely manner.
o Understanding and supporting security role maintenance, namely role hierarchy, security profiles and access rights.
o Creating and managing complex workflow rules, data validation, and system triggers.
o Evaluating AppExchange tools for feasibility and impact to the business.
o Leveraging standard Salesforce.com functionality as much as possible and using custom programming only when needed.
• Write business and technical specifications/documentation as needed.
• Support unit testing and integration testing during implementation.
• Prepare materials to train end users to effectively use newly implemented Salesforce functionality.
• Manage data, including mapping and integrating data from existing applications, cleansing data, handling data exceptions, proactively identifying and correcting data gaps and issues and loading or extracting data from the Salesforce database as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
• 5+ years of experience working with business applications, project support and data analysis.
• Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• At least 3 years of experience with Salesforce.com applications, administering Salesforce.com, or coding in Apex, VisualForce or other supported languages. Salesforce certification desirable.
• Must maintain a thorough and up to date knowledge of Salesforce standard functionality as the technology subject matter expert regarding best practices for Salesforce.com and Force.com.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), MS 365, and Visio.
• Knowledge of project management practices and tools.
• Bachelor’s Degree in IT or equivalent work experience.
• Salesforce.com certification completed or in-progress preferred.
• Available to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends.
• Must be comfortable around large, active dogs.
Please submit a letter of introduction and resume to Bill Ma, firstname.lastname@example.org