Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Qualified Guide Dog Instructor
Guiding Eyes for the Blind, a leading New York-based guide dog school and proudly accredited member of the IGDF, seeks a Qualified Guide Dog Instructor to join our team of talented trainers. Our mission is to create and support life-changing connections between people and dogs, and this position will play an integral role in both training our exceptional dogs and matching them with people with vision loss so that they can experience all of life’s adventures together.
The position will be based in our Yorktown Heights office, 40 miles north of New York City.
- 4 years guide dog training experience
- Manage and train a string of up to 8 dogs in a 5 month period
- Willing to travel as needed
- Walk up to 8 miles a day
- Motivated team player
Please send letter of interest and resume, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative Assistant – Veterinary Hospital
Provides administrative support to the Veterinary Hospital Staff. Including but not limited to: correspondence, scheduling and timecard management, filing, answering the telephone, mail and data entry.
- Provide support to Veterinary Hospital staff in all recordkeeping functions including medical records
- Process mail order requests for medications, materials and supplies in a timely manner
- Process all related invoices timely and track expenses accurately
- Maintain inventory and office supplies
- Accurate and timely database entry
- Occasional rotating administrative duties with other departments
- Previous employment in the veterinary field preferred
- Minimum five years administrative experience
- Familiarity with basic veterinary terminology
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in all Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), including spreadsheets
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to set priorities and multi task effectively
- Exceptional interpersonal and problem-solving skills; able to interact diplomatically with the public
- Must be comfortable around large, active dogs
Send cover letter and resume, which must include salary requirements, to email@example.com.