Five Questions with… Instructor Michelle Tang
1) Favorite color, food and TV show:
Purple, peanut butter, The Office
2) How did you become interested in the guide dog field?
I got my first dog in 2002 – he’s a male husky named Akemo. I was researching dog training and found out about Guiding Eyes. I realized I could combine my interest in people with my love of animals, and have worked here ever since.
3) What’s the best part of working at Guiding Eyes?
Amazing dogs, clients, and coworkers. I work with the best people on the planet.
4) Is there a specific guide dog team you matched that stands out in your memory?
Ralph Sole and Dudley. Dudley was one of the first dogs that I started and finished on my own, and Ralph is simply a wonderful man – we remain close friends to this day. They are a great team. (Read more about Ralph and Dudley here)
5) What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
“And so shines a good deed in a weary world.” – Willy Wonka