Orientation & Mobility Seminars
We offer hands-on seminars to Orientation and Mobility Specialists and O&M students in training.
These seminars are designed to enable participants to:
• Identify and advise clients who are considering a guide dog
• Prepare clients who will be training with guide dogs
• Work more effectively with clients who have guide dogs
• Gain a thorough understanding of what guide dogs and guide dog training are about
During the seminar you’ll learn about:
• Guide dog training techniques
• Street crossings
• Patterning and conditioning for specific travel objectives
• Common Dos and Don’ts of guide dog travel
• How we make great matches between people and guide dogs
Each participant will get to work with a senior Guide Dog Instructor and will walk both sighted and under blindfold with the dog in harness.
The on-site seminar also includes time with instructors, special needs and admissions staff, and earns certified O&M specialists ACVREP-approved CE units.
Seminar groups have up to eight participants.
On-site seminars are held between April and November.
We can also bring our seminar to your agency or college if you have a minimum of five O&M professionals or students who wish to participate.
For more information, contact:
800-942-0149 ext. 2222