Orientation & Mobility Seminars
Guiding Eyes offers unique, hands-on seminars to Orientation and Mobility Specialists and O&M students in training.
These seminars are designed to enable participants to:
- Identify and advise clients who are considering a guide dog
- Prepare clients who will be training with guide dogs
- Work more effectively with clients who have guide dogs
- Gain a thorough understanding of what guide dogs and guide dog training are about
- Dog walk blindfold experience
- Making the ideal match
- Guide Dog Training Techniques
- Street crossings
- Maintaining orientation
- Patterning and conditioning for specific travel objectives
- Common Do’s and Don’ts of guide dog travel
Seminar groups have no more than 8 participants. Each participant has the opportunity to work with a fully trained Guiding Eyes dog to work with under the guidance of a senior Guide Dog Instructor, and will walk both sighted and under blindfold with the dog in harness.
The onsite seminar includes time with instructors, special needs and admissions staff, and earns certified O&M specialists ACVREP-approved CE units.
We also can bring this seminar to your agency or college if you have a minimum of 5 O&M professionals or students who wish to participate in it.
Onsite seminars are held between April and November. Off-site seminars (brought to you) are scheduled individually throughout the year. For more information contact:
The Admissions Department
800-942-0149 ext. 2222