Position: Assistant Director of Training
1) Favorite color, food and TV show, years at Guiding Eyes:
Blue, spaghetti and meatballs, Royal Pains, 25 years (wow!)
2) How did you become interested in the guide dog field?
I started my career working in veterinary hospitals, shelters and ultimately in a wildlife rehabilitation facility. I knew I wanted to work with both animals and people and that my job needed to be hands on and interactive.
3) What’s the best part of working at Guiding Eyes?
The best part is forming lasting relationships with our graduate community. They are like family to me and I couldn’t imagine my life without them.
4) Do you have a dog of your own?
Nine-year-old released dog Nate – a male black Lab. He’s patient, loving, steadfast and good-natured. Loves running on the beach on Cape Cod and eastern Long Island. Favorite hobby is sniffing!
5) What’s your favorite inspirational quote?
“It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.” – Aristotle