Guiding Eyes for the Blind is known for embracing every person connected with the school as a family member and for the collective spirit of its staff. We offer challenging and fulfilling career paths for those who are passionate about our work and mission. We offer a comprehensive benefits package and a dog-friendly work environment.
Guiding Eyes for the Blind provides guide dogs to people with vision loss. We are passionate about connecting exceptional dogs with individuals for greater independence. Guiding Eyes for the Blind is dedicated to creating and supporting life-changing connections between people and dogs.
At our facilities in Yorktown Heights, NY, and Patterson, NY, we breed, raise, and train exceptional dogs. Then we connect them to people who are seeking increased freedom and independence, so that together, they can experience all kinds of life adventures.
Title: Full Time Nurse Manager
Location: Yorktown Heights, New York
Reports To: Manager of Admissions
The FT Nurse Manager will oversee the nursing staff, and daily health and safety for both the Yorktown and Patterson campuses. The primary focus upon hire will be ensuring a safe and healthy return to work from the COVID-19 pandemic, for all staff, per government restrictions and CDC guidelines. The FT Nurse Manager will provide healthcare to both students and staff. This position will also work closely with our kitchen staff regarding nutrition and moving our organization towards an even more healthy day to day.
The position will be based out of our Yorktown campus with travel to our Patterson campus as required. Monday-Friday with hours 9am – 5pm
- Provide guidance and direction on health and wellness long term for the organization, both staff and students
- Provide technical guidance and support for occupational health programs, regulatory requirements, confidentiality of medical records, legal standards for employee health.
- Provide technical guidance and consultative support on health-related topics impacting the organization and our employees, including COVID-19 response, alcohol and drug policies and programs, mental health issues, health-related work performance issues, work-related illnesses and injuries, workers’ compensation, emergency response, fitness for duty, ergonomics and crisis management.
- Oversee admissions for incoming students; help with processing applications
- Check ins with students before coming to stay on campus including full medical report; check ins upon returning home from training; daily check ins while on campus
- Provide guidance and direction to kitchen staff on current and proper nutrition
- Collaborate with kitchen staff to develop healthier meal plan options for both students and staff, and work towards positive change and implementation
- Review current safety protocols of Guide Dog trainer staff, kennel kitchen, other departments as needed; implement new measures if necessary, in order to avoid injury and promote wellbeing
- Bachelor’s Degree required; MSN or BSN preferred
- NYS Registered Nurse License
- 1-3 years’ experience in supervisory/managerial role
- Must be comfortable around large, active dogs
- Dependable and reliable
- People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Nutritionist background or education – highly preferred
- Experience with Salesforce – highly preferred
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Deidre Hannigan, HR Generalist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F, D/V
Must be authorized to work in the United States.