Thank you for your interest in having a representative from Guiding Eyes for the Blind speak to your group. We receive many speaking requests annually. Unfortunately, due to limited resources and the volume of these requests, we are not able to provide speakers to all who request them.
Please note the following conditions apply to speaker requests:
- Requests should be submitted at least six weeks in advance. A local representative will get back to you within one week to advise you of our availability.
- Youth presentations are suitable for students in the fifth grade or higher. Requests for speakers for pre-school, kindergarten and students in grades 1-4 are usually declined.
- Limit your request to a one to two hour period. Our Speakers are usually available for up to one hour, sometimes two depending upon the size of the audience and the Speaker’s schedule. Requests for all day presentations or presentations over 2 hours cannot not be accepted.
- We are unable to send speakers to Scout groups. With thousands of scout troops located in the Hudson, Harlem and Housatonic Valley areas, it is not possible for us to provide speakers to these groups. However we encourage local troops to consider visiting our facilities.
- Tours of our Canine Development Center in Patterson, NY are given on select days to small groups. Children must be 6 and up. Learn more about touring the Canine Development Center in Patterson, NY with a youth group.
- Tours of the Headquarters and Training Center in Yorktown Heights, NY are given on select Wednesdays to small groups. Children must be 6 and up. Learn more about touring the Headquarters and Training Center in Yorktown Heights, NY with a youth group.
Request a Speaker
Guiding Eyes Materials
Here you’ll find some links to Guiding Eyes Materials, including a printable file of our bookmark, all for use in your classroom or your event.