Special name a puppy with your contribution of $5,000.
Special naming a future guide dog puppy is a unique way to pay tribute to a member of your family, a dear friend or to commemorate a special occasion, while making a difference in the lives of people with vision loss by supporting Guiding Eyes for the Blind.
- A Personalized Naming Certificate and photo of your special named pup
- 3 updates and photos of your pup during the puppy raising period.
- Notification of acceptance into formal guide dog training program and an update during training.
And if the puppy completes the program, we will provide:
- Announcement of placement with a person with vision loss
- Invitation to the graduation ceremony, if applicable
- A graduation photograph of your dog, a copy of the program, and recognition in Graduation slide show.
The guidelines for naming a Guiding Eyes for the Blind puppy are:
- Names that are easy to say and not too long
- Inappropriate names such as “Killer” will not be approved as our graduates will be repeating his/her name on a daily basis.
While we hope all puppies will complete the training program, there is no guarantee that your special named puppy will complete training to become a guide dog. Guiding Eyes believes each dog chooses its own career path, and not all dogs will choose the path to be a guide dog. Dogs may be selected to become part of our elite breeding stock, others are released and enter alternate service dog careers, or find wonderful homes with adoptive families. Only one Guiding Eyes puppy will be named per special name request regardless of outcome. Since each litter is assigned names according to a letter of the alphabet there may be a delay in the naming of the puppy.
Please direct your questions about the program or your gift to Rebekah Cross, Special Gifts Officer, 914-243-2211 or email@example.com.
Ready to get started? Let’s Begin…
Application to Special Name a Guiding Eyes Puppy